Monday, August 5, 2013

11: 11 PM

11:11 pm. This is when I began typing this post. The irony is all too much. Making wishes is exactly the path that has led me to this blog and Mike himself. 

Lets play catch up real quick. I worked with Mike last summer at the Make-A-Wish office in CNY. We were especially tight because we both worked on the social media for our beloved organization. It was great to have him around to bounce ideas off of; I love fresh perspectives on social media platforms!

But enough with that minor geek out (sorry) and back to 11:11 pm.

Whenever I see 11:11 pm on my clock, I close my eyes and silently make my requests. Sometimes I do feel a little silly, but if I don't have some glimmer of faith who will?
Sometimes my 11:11's are selfish, I admit it. Sometimes they're for a good test score or for that job I want so badly. 

Usually though, I try to wish for someone to be granted happiness who so desperately needs it.

I do believe in 11:11's. However, if you want it to come true, you must be willing to follow its path. Our wishes become our own stepping stones to fulfillment.

Giving a your extra dollar bills and change into that fundraiser jar on a store counter, saying "thank you" joyfully towards someone holding a door for you, taking 5 minutes out of your day to catch up with an old friend. These are things I try to do to fulfill my wish.

We must become our own wish granters.

When that clock strikes that unique time, I urge you to take time to close your eyes and wish something powerful. Then go after it with all your might.


No comments:

Post a Comment