Monday, August 27, 2012

Changes

I'm starting off this post with a quote that I find to be pretty accurate;
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." 
-Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

Change is constant in life... the sun rises, the sun sets, time goes by.
Through out my life I've had to learn to adapt to the changes and struggles that I've been presented with, I'm often praised and looked up to for having the strength to do this but truthfully I don't have choice, giving up isn't really an option. I must continue to live my life the best I can for as long as I can. You can adapt, or you can sit and cry all day there's not much else anyone can do. There are many things that I've lost but there is so much I've gained on this crazy road called life.
Though it may seem kind of shitty, I've learned that change is not always a bad thing, for example I'm glad I stopped growing my hair out, listening to Nickelback(blah) or being obsessed with dinosaurs (they are pretty awesome though!).

Not to say change doesn't really suck, but I realize that I needed to change to become the person I am today. That's the wisdom, but can I practice what I preach always, most likely, no. I'm still pretty f***ing pissed when the seasons change or when another shred of independence is ripped away from me or if my mom buys milk from Price-chopper instead of Wegmans (completely different taste lol)! 

Sometimes I feel that I'm not very open with my friends when it comes what is going on in my life and for that I apologize. It's hard for me sometimes to tell people the shit I'm going through, I don't want to burden them with my problems or have people feel sorry for me, but this I think it has limited how close I get to people. I would like to change that, living at arms length takes its toll.

The main thing to take a way from all this is:
Life goes on!
Life goes on!
Life goes on!


No comments:

Post a Comment