Monday, August 20, 2012

Lets Get it Started

I've decided to give blogging a try. Let's do this!!
A little background for those of you who don't know me: 
My name is Mike and I just turned 21, "shots shots shots shots everybody!" (Lil John voice). I was diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy in May of 1998 (seems like a lifetime ago), I use a Wheelchair to get around, I wear a Bi-Pap to help me breath, have diminished hand strength, etc. (blah blah blah!) but I'm just a regular dude... Mostly lol!
I work for Make-A-Wish Central New York as their Volunteer Social Media Manager (pretty cool). I'm obsessed with movies and television, love music (who doesn't?) and like to drink somtimes lol!






Here are some things that I'm sick of:   
I'm sick of people staring.
I'm sick of people asking if my brother and I are twins.
I'm sick of phrases like, "God bless you" and "Jesus loves you" meekly uttered at my sight.
I'm sick of pity.
I'm sick of being single.
I'm sick of Cancer.
I'm sick of Aortic Aneurysms.
I'm sick of bad shit happening to good people.
I'm sick of politics.
I'm sick of money.
I'm sick of fear.
I'm sick of anger.
I'm sick of jealousy.
I'm sick of boredom...


I could keep bitching but that's not really my style, in reality life can be pretty great if you choose to see it that way but it's totally up to you, a cliche I've found it to be true. I've learned that: people, are what is important in life, they have the power to ruin your day, to make your day, to make you laugh, to make you cry, people have the power to change your life in ways you can never possibly imagine. I'm grateful for everyone in my life even, "all the douche-bags, the assholes and the scumbags, every one of them that I know" (A little Kanye West). Don't be inspired or feel bad, just understand.
Let's see where this blog goes!

1 comment:

  1. Mikeeeeee! Preach it! Much love, and I can't wait for our next hang out!

    ReplyDelete