Monday, October 29, 2012

Funny The Way It Is


In my life I've learned that humor can be as important as oxygen and laughter to be a strong anti-depressant. If you can't learn to laugh at what life throws at you, what's the point really? You have to learn to find the humor in things or you'll go insane trying to be serious all the time(why so serious?). Sometimes if you are feeling down all you need is a good laugh to lift your spirits if only take the time to do so, so many times in my life someone has said something funny that just catches me the right way and I just can't stop laughing and after I realized that my mood has been improved completely and I feel cleansed on a spiritual level (Maybe a little melodramatic but that's what it feels like!).
My family and I have a very sarcastic sense of humor and we are always giving each-other shit, we sometimes take it a bit too far but it is in good spirit and I wouldn't trade it for anything! My Family's great sense of humor albeit a little crass, has gotten us through some pretty hard times and for that I am so grateful. Another person that can always count on for much needed comic relieve is my Aunt Laura, she just has a way of putting things that always makes me smile, she has on many occasions has had me in tears laughing and it was precisely what I needed at the time. 
In life sometimes things happen that are pretty terrible, at the time it's bad but over time you can begin to realize that it was actually kinda funny. A good example of this is: When I was around the age of 10, I was driving my chair though my neighbor's backyard on an unusually warm March day. I suddenly I became stuck in the mud so well that my mom had take me out of my power wheelchair and put me in a manual one while she and my neighbor, Michelle attempted to get it Un-stuck. While I was waiting sitting immobile, my brother Danny, three at the time, decided to spray me with the hose. I remember sitting there looking like a wet cat and feeling just as miserable, as my mom and Michelle tried to fight the urge to laugh and scold young Dan, it was kind of shitty at the time but is hilarious now.  
I also feel that a lot of wisdom about life can be learned from comedy and comedians. Some of my favorite comedians are Aziz Ansari, Jim Gaffigan(I've seen both live) and Louis C.K to name a few! I am also a big fan of shows like South Park, Family Guy, Parks and Recreation, and SNL! 
I myself have been an amateur comedian at times, in Kindergarden I told my teacher this joke that I had heard on TV which goes: What do you get when you cross a hippo, an elephant, and a rhino?
Helephino! ("hell if I know!").
That made for an interesting conversation with my parents that night.

The lesson of this post: If its funny now laugh, if it's not give it some time, it just might be someday. Try and free yourself from being offended it just wastes time.

Ps. Aubrey Plaza












PPs. Good luck everyone with apocalyptic storm that is approaching! Here's a song that sums up this event lol.

1 comment:

  1. Louis CK is SOOOO FUNNY. Have you ever watched Kevin Hart? HE's hilarious! But I agree, humor is the best medicine. :D

    ReplyDelete