Monday, April 22, 2013

Faith In Humanity

The world can seem an uncertain and down right scary place especially after the events in Boston or the other acts of brutal violence in recent months but try to hold on to hope. I may be sort of an idealist and a keeper of optimism but lets all take a moment to think from a different point of view; more people in the world are trying to do good than trying to be an asshole, if not the world would be in total anarchy.

In Boston, only a few people wanted to cause harm and mayhem but hundreds rushed in to lend a hand and millions more have voiced there support.
Boston has not been broken, it's spirit has remained strong because of the all incredible people who call it home! It is one of my favorite cities and my heart is with them, I am honored to be visiting Boston this upcoming weekend.
Senseless death and destruction have plagued human society since the very beginning and continues to happen everyday, do not let this truth make you bitter or skeptical toward your fellow person, see it as a lesson to be better than the cowardice that darkness is. Don't let the actions of a few, define the character of all. Your faith in humanity should be based on how you see the average person and ultimately how you see yourself.
I may be somewhat biased because all the fantastic people in my life, but I strongly feel there aren't any people out there that are totally bad, they just do bad things sometimes. People are capable of doing some pretty terrible things, this is a fact, but consider the path it took for someone to go awry, it often is caused by trauma or misdirection; if someone had been there for them, had listened to them, their lives may have turned out completely different. Never underestimate the impact you have on others or the impact they have on you. Personally it really makes me happy to be around people, anytime I can interact with others and be social I just feel better. Social Interactions aren't always easy, they can be quite daunting for some. I definitely have had my my own struggles with talking to people but have slowly learned the value people really have. At times each of us can be a little too concerned about where we are or what we are doing and fail to realize that it's truly about who we are with. I think that it is important to be able to have a good time with many different types of people, I like to view each person I meet as a opportunity to gain a new perspective on life.
Don't reserve your love, your kindness or your understanding to a just few, spread it generously and let It become a catalyst for greatness in this world.

P.S. Olivia Wilde




2 comments:

  1. Hey Mike, (your dad who works with my daughter has invited me to check out you blog...which I've done twice now.) I so much appreciate your heart and mind. You are so enlightened. Do you think that eventually you'll pull all of your blogs together into a book? all the best~ Bobbie Panek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm glad you've enjoyed it! I am considering putting it into a book at some point. I would also like to keep developing my poetry as well, if you would like to read some more of my stuff send me an email: mike.mort91@yahoo.com!

      Delete