Monday, November 17, 2014

The Crawl

I would like to start this post with an apology, over the past few weeks the consistency of my blogging has dropped somewhat and to my faithful readers I am sorry. Judging from the lack picketing and riots, I am probably the only one worried about these personal deadlines but it is still frustrating nonetheless. Chronic procrastination is a devastating illness I have lived with my entire life. There is sadly no cure... well there might be but I will deal with it later. 

All joking aside, I have struggled a little these days to keep Man, Myth, Mike going. Blogging, like any other form of creative expression requires the proper mindset. The passion remains but the motivation ebbs and flows with my mood. To be completely honest I have found myself a bit unhappy lately. This melancholy is not for one reason in particular but rather several factors that have piled together, made even worse by the change of season. 

Most of the time I try and put forth a positive attitude; only a handful of people know the true extent of how low I can get. I do not write this to worry everyone but to simply show that I get upset just like everyone else. I created this blog to share different parts of my life, I feel that it is important to share the good along with the bad. There are times life is a stroll down a yellow-brick road, other times it is a crawl up a lonely mountain.

Sometimes I find myself in patterns of toxic negative thinking. As Dr. Seuss once wrote, "When you're in a Slump, you're not in for much fun. Un-slumping yourself is not easily done." Fortunately, I have been in the Un-slumping business for quite a while and know what needs to be done. Sometimes just admitting that I am unhappy can take quite a lot of work though. The first step on a journey can be it's hardest. 

Over the years I have also learned that I don't have to go it alone. While asking for help has not always been a strong suit of mine, it is usually precisely what I need. I am so grateful for everyone who supports me when I don't feel like myself. I may not be in the best emotional state lately but I am certainly working on it, I am getting on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment